At Préfleuri Race Academy, your mini athletes will find their balance on snow and in the classroom in the unparalleled setting of Villars-Sur- Ollon, Switzerland.
SKI RACE ACADEMY
5th January to 30th March 2022
8 to 13 years old
They will pursue their passion for ski racing with the guidance of renowned coaches and engage in the rigorous curriculum at Préfleuri International School, one of Europe’s finest independent schools.
Throughout their journey, they will be supported by a flexible schedule and by dedicated, caring, and professional teachers, coaches, and advisors.
We are here to maximise the individual potential of each mini athlete to realise and sustain high levels of performance in alpine ski racing, whilst maintaining a rigorous, creative and inspiring academic programme.
Watch the Video
At Préfleuri Race Academy your child will:
- Find a dynamic and balanced academic/race programme that will support, challenge and stretch each individual student.
- 12 hours per week on-snow race training guided by our Head Race coach Céline Arnold.
- 14.5 hours per week in an academic mains-tream classroom.
- Possibility to study the English or French curriculum or be part of an intensive language class in English of French.
- Participation in Swiss and International Schools Races with race support and analysis by Head Coach Céline Arnold.
- Evening fitness, nutrition and stretching classes.
- Be part of the wider Préfleuri community. Each student will be integrated into Préfleuri’s academic and boarding programme. They will work within our current classrooms, making friends with children from all over the world.
- Be inspired by our local world class racers. Such as Fanny Smith (Bronze Olympic Medal in ski cross), and Charlotte Chable, a former student of Préfleuri, who now competes on the world circuit.
- Have the flexibility and support to pursue intensive training and competition schedules.
- Be integrated into the Préfleuri community instilling a strong team spirit, self discipline, confidence and personal growth.
Céline Arnold - Head Coach
Céline is an ambitious, dynamic and highly accomplished coach who loves working with young students in an active environment. Her patience, professionalism, determination for each student, and competitive spirit makes her an inspiring and well loved coach. She believes in instilling a love for skiing not only for racing but in powder, slope style, and other disciplines.
2013 ǀ 1st New Zealand GS Alpin Champion2014 ǀ 3rd Swiss Instructor of the year (telemark, Cross Country, Ski X, GS)
2015 ǀ 2nd Swiss Instructor of the year (telemark, Cross Country, Ski X, GS)
2015 ǀ 1st Swiss Instructor Alpin GS Champion2015 ǀ Represent Switzerland at Inter Ski Argentina
2015 ǀ 4th in the GS and 1st at the team event